Monday

HW 45

Sarah,

Thank you for finding time in your busy schedule to comment on my post. I agree that culture is a very significant factor, as I proved in my project. I believe culture is the grey spot of what we see often in other countries. We tend to compare to what we see as the dominant social practice and find "flaws" in other systems, when they are not necessarily flaws but culture influenced practices. It is one thing you cannot label as right or wrong, since it is in fact a lifestyle. I also would have liked to look into the male dominant aspect of culture instead of broadening it to just culture. I find male dominance to be a very popular amongst various countries, and by selecting countries that still abide by these customs today, I could have compared better pieces of evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment